Manage Vibe Promo Add-On Mod for AspDotNetStoreFront
Vibe Promo Add-Ons for AspDotNetStoreFront v184.108.40.206 to v220.127.116.11
The Vibe Commerce Promo Add On Mod is a highly configurable extension of
AspDotNetStoreFront that allows the creation of "buy this get that"
scenarios. In a versatile e-commerce application like
AspDotNetStoreFront, discount calculation can get complicated very
quickly. It is advisable to keep your promotions simple and succinct,
not only to increase your effectiveness and conversions with customers,
but also to be able to monitor and track the outcome of your campaigns
IMPORTANT DEFINITIONS & CONCEPTS:
"Required" refers to products that must be in
the shopping cart to qualify for the promo. A Required entry is a line
item in the Required section of the promo setup. A promo can have
multiple Required entries.
"Rewarded" refers to the products that receive
the benefit or discount of the promo. A Rewarded entry is a line item in
the Rewarded section of the promo setup. A promo can have multiple
Rewarded entries. A complete set of Rewarded items does not have to be
in the cart in order for the benefit to be calculated, as it begins
calculation on the first Rewarded product after the Required conditions
have been met.
"Benefit" is the discount calculated on a particular Rewarded entry.
HOW TO USE PROMO
1. There must be at least one entity (category, manufacturer,department, etc) and one product existing for
Promo to function
Creating a Promotion:
1. In Admin, click Configuration > Pricing and Promotions > Configure Promos > Add Promotion. Once the basic
required fields are completed, hit the "Save Your Promotion" button at the bottom of the page.
2. Here is a rundown on each of the configurable parts of a promotion:
What you wish to call your promotion, such as "Spring Sale" or "Sony Clearance" etc.
Set your start and end dates here.
Minimum order subtotal (if any), before discount, needed in order to qualify for the promo
Coupon Code Trigger:
If a coupon code is entered here, the promotion will only be triggered
by customer input of the matching ASPDSNF coupon code. The ASPDNSF
coupon does not need to have any parameters set up for it. It is
recommended not to add parameters other than free shipping, as the
discount calculation may become difficult to discern for both the
customer and you. Currently, free shipping being tied to a promotion is
only possible when using the coupon code trigger. We expect this to
change with version 9 compatibility.
SET YOUR PARAMETERS
Allow to Be Used With Other Promos:
When set to "Yes" the discount will be calculated in addition to any other promos (set to Yes) the customer also qualifies for.
Global Priority Level: 0 = highest priority. When "Allow to be used with
other promos" = No, this dictates which qualifying promo is activated.
Promos set to No are always calculated first. When the value = Yes, this
dictates the order in which promos are processed. The order is
significant when a product qualifies for multiple promos.
Rewarded Products Include Required Products:
When set to
"Inclusive," the pool of Rewarded products will also include any
Required products. When set to "Exclusive," the pool of Rewarded
products will be exclusive from the pool of Required products.
Rewarded Items Priority:
When set to "Use Rewarded Priority,"
any rewarded product that qualifies for the discount more than once
will be subject to the order in which you have the Rewarded items set
(top to bottom).
Multiple / Repeat Iterations of Promotion:
"Allow Multiples" will
calculate the discount on each iteration through the promo ("buy 2, get 1
free" and then again at "buy 4, get 2 free" etc.).
Cart Header Requirement Text:
Block of static text that can be displayed in the shopping cart page header.
could be used to remind customers of the promotion. When "Only show
message when a required product is in the cart" is set to "Yes," the
message will only show after a required product is put into the cart.
Otherwise, a setting of "No" will display the message until all the
required products are in the cart together.
Cart Header Rewarded Text:
Block of static text that can be
displayed after the all the required products are in the cart. This
could be used to prompt the customer to take advantage of the discounts
available to them based on the items in their cart. For example: "You
qualify to receive 50% the next 3 New Balance products placed in the
Line Item Message On Rewarded Products:
This is a static text input
field that will show up on any products that are part of the Rewarded
group. When using "All Products" the message will show up on Required
products as well if the Required products are also a part of the
Set Your Requirements
1. Select the product(s) required in the cart to qualify for the benefit
2. Set the quantity of product(s) needed to qualify OR set the dollar amount of the product(s) needed to qualify
3. Add additional Required entries by clicking the (+) button as desired
4. To delete a Required entry, simply click the (-) button
Set Your Rewarded
1. Select the product(s) that qualify to receive the benefit
2. Set the scope of the quantity - either "Equal To" or "Greater Than or Equal To" followed by setting the quantity of product(s) OR set the dollar amount of the product(s) that the benefit / discount will be applied to
3. Set the Rewarded entry to allow multiples or allow once (relevant only when the quantity scope is set to "Equal To").
4. Choose whether the benefit will be percentage or dollar based and indicate that in the appropriate box
5. Choose whether the discount amount will be on a per product or total amount basis. When set to "Total" the discount is calculated across the subtotal of all the Rewarded products in the cart. "Total" only applies to dollar based discount, but will still work for percentage based discount.
6. Add additional Rewarded entries by clicking the (+) button as desired
7. To delete a Rewarded entry, simply click the (-) button
8. To change the priority order of Rewarded processing, use the up and down arrow buttons. The order or processing is significant when a product qualifies for multiple benefits.
Note: it is important to understand the difference between the setting of:
"Scope = Equal To" and "Calculate In Multiples = True" versus "Scope = Greater Than or Equal To"
These options are provided to give you granular control over how the discount is calculated in different situations. Having the scope set to Greater Than or Equal To would calculate the benefit on any quantity 'greater than or equal to,' of the product(s) selected in the Rewarded entry after the Required conditions have been met once.
An example of this would be: buy 1 of Product X, get 2 or more of Product Y at 30% off, regardless of how many.
A setting of Scope = Equal To" and "Calculate In Multiples = True would calculate the benefit on the Rewarded entry multiple times, but only in multiples, after the Required conditions were met once.
An example of this would be: buy 1 of Product X, get 2 of Product Y at $2.00 off per product. In order to get $2.00 off of a third Product Y, a fourth Product X would need to be purchased, because you are "calculating in multiples" only. The discount would be calculated at $4.00 when 2 or 3 Rewarded products were in the cart. The discount would be calculated at $8.00 when 4 or 5 Rewarded products were in the cart, etc.
HOW TO MANAGE PROMO
Editing a Promotion:
1. In Admin, click Configuration > Pricing and Promotions > Configure Promos > Manage Promotion > Edit (next to the corresponding promo). After your parameters and fields are updated, hit the "Save Your Promotion" button at the bottom of the page.
Deleting a Promotion:
1. In Admin, click Configuration > Pricing and Promotions > Configure Promos > Delete (next to the corresponding promo). You will receive a confirmation prompt. Note, this is a hard delete, so you will not be able
to recover the data after deleting.
1. In Admin, click Orders > Reports > Order Reports. There is a new filter option called Promo Match that allows the report to be filtered by promo.
Free product with $25 order offer